Sea World San Antonio is Texas Family Travel's favorite theme park in Texas. The park is clean and well-maintained, and there is just so much to do. Sea World is like three theme parks in one: animal encounters, amusement park, and water park.
Our family's favorites included:
- Feeding the dolphins. Check early in the day for the feeding schedule.
- Hitting the water park early before the crowds. Complimentary life jackets are provided. We even put our 6-year-old (who can swim) in a life jacket to give us peace of mind so that we could relax and enjoy.
- Viva! Dolphin and Beluga whale show. The acrobats are awesome.
- Shamu Express roller coaster. Our kids' first roller-coaster. Just the right speed for first-timers.
Tips to simplify your trip (and make it more affordable):
- Map out your day before you go. You can download a park map and make a tentative plan about where you will start and which shows you will see.
- If at all possible, go on a weekday. Weekends can get extremely crowded.
- Consider going for more than one day. A multi-day ticket costs the same price as a single-day pass.
- Bring a stroller for any child under 7. You will do an amazing amount of walking at the park.
- Outside food and drink is not allowed in the park. You can, however, return to your car for a quick picnic lunch. This frees up money for fun drinks and snacks throughout the day.
Watching your child's face the first time they see Shamu leap into the air is a priceless moment that every Texas family should experience.